10 Mortgage Loan Commandments
1. Thou shalt NOT change jobs, become self-employed, quit your job, or lessen hours.
2. Thou shalt NOT co-sign a loan for anyone.
3. Thou shalt NOT buy a Vehicle (or you may be living in it)!
4. Thou shall NOT use charge cards excessively or make late payments on ANY of your accounts.
5. Thou shalt NOT spend money you have set aside for closing.
6. Thou shalt NOT buy furniture, appliances, or household items before closing.
7. Thou Shalt NOT Apply for Credit Anywhere Until Your Loan is Complete and Closed (credit inquiries count too!)
8. Thou Shalt NOT Close/Open/Change Bank Accounts
9. Thou shalt NOT make any large OR ‘cash only’ deposits into your bank accounts or transfer money between accounts without first consulting your mortgage consultant.
10. Thou shalt NOT omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.